Pshew! Although July started off rocky, and has had it’s ups and downs, I’m pretty happy with my progress and how the month turned out. I was able to save a decent amount of money besides having some expenses and spent 75% of the month traveling when I had originally expected 50%. Not only did I get to enjoy Disney World paid for a work conference, I also got to enjoy two new to me Arizona cities, Jerome and Tucson. I’ll be spending a lot more time in Tucson as part of my role as a manager. Besides transitioning into my new work role, I also won two national awards this year for my work in my community and data. So humbled. On to the goals!
- Enjoy time with H. (With our crazy schedules, we gotta sneak time in when we can.) PASS H and I have insane schedules so while half of the time was spent doing previous commitments, we still squeezed in a road trip complete with truck stop meals. Along with new adventures, we had a few dates included fancy dinners, massages and an outdoor movie at Grounds For Sculpture, one of my favorite places on the east coast.
- Enjoy and meet five new people at my work conference. ( New management position + newly created program means new opportunities for me, my team and my organization.) PASS
- Help the transition with my old position to the new person. ( Want to set them up for success!) PASS I will say pass even though this didn’t happen, due to no fault of my own. I am currently filling in until we hire the right person which may take all month.
- Get one more freelance client. ( With my new position, I am nolonger able to do one of my side hustles so I am working on additional income streams and growing my business.) FAIL. I exchanged emails with a person who was interested in services but nothing came of it. I didn’t seek any other opportunities but have had a possible change of heart with my time and where it’s allotted.
- Clean out and reorganize my kitchen. ( Want to do a full declutter on my tiny apartment and I am starting here.) FAIL. I was gone the whole month so I didn’t get a chance to do this. Oops.
That’s it for July. I’ll be sharing on Wednesday my new goals for August. I’ll actually be turning 31 this year- eep!
How was your month?