December this year was a fantastic way to close out 2014 for me. Despite having dental and health issues that hit my emergency fund a bit hard, I was still able to keep maintain my apartment savings which really leaves me feeling relieved. Moving on out on my own is such a nerve wracking thing to me for some reason so I want as much money in the bank as possible. This is hard when I’m pressed for time between a full-time job and a full-time class load and numerous things come up frequently but all I can do is keep on keeping on, right?
Some of my highlights this month were:
- Passing all of my classes at ASU, three A’s a and a B baby!
- Having my annual girls trip with my best friend to Grinchmas.
- Exchanging gifts with my oldest friend for Christmas via sweet care packages for Christmas.
- Spending two weeks with H and celebrating our first Christmas together. I was extremely spoiled for Christmas but the highlight was seeing Michael C. Hall on Broadway as Hedwig in “Hedwig & The Angry Inch.” I was even able to snag some up close photos and an autograph!
- Two week break off from work AND school! #teacherlife
Although I’m still in New Jersey for another week or so, I will be hitting the ground running like I usually do after a break from reality. January will be a busy month for me. Not only do I hope to plan writing here more now that I have a vision for this site and some more free time from prior commitments, I will be starting school again. If I thought last semester was rough, this semester I’ll be taking an additional class to graduate a semester sooner and saving myself $6,000. I’ll also be moving out next month so I need to finish decluttering, organizing and pack. I was able to get rid of three boxes of personal items but I still haven’t gone through my closet shelves or my boxes in the garage.
My goals this month are:
- Make $500 in side income. ( continue with part-time job hustle and work harder for social media client.)
- Turn in all work reimbursements.
- Be caught up in all data for my day job.
- Save $300 in my e-fund. ( H will be here starting in February for a month so I think I am okay not saving in my travel fund this month)
- Read 5 books.
- Stay organized and make a calendar for all of my assignments this semester.
- Continue to declutter and pack if possible. ( Top of closet, dresser and boxes in garage!)
- Lose 6 lbs ( walk 30 minutes everyday and eat lo-carb no sugar like I am suppose to according to my doctor.)
- Post here at MSL eight times. Anything you’d like to especially see?
That is more than enough to keep me busy for the entire month. What do you have planned for yours?