October was very busy for me. Between San Diego, Mexico, and Dallas, I had very little time at home it felt like because it was true. The next two months don’t show too much slowing down since I already have three trips planned and may have a fourth in the works but starting in January, I am making a conscious effort to slow down.
Inspired by Michelle from Michelle Is Money Hungry, I want to take time to really focus on growing my business, plus give myself a break. This doesn’t mean I am not traveling at all, in fact, I already have six trips planned. But I am making a conscious effort to not plan anything else. I say make a conscious effort because things do come up and I am in a long distance relationship with a great guy. But I will be making an effort to stay home.
So, how did I do?
- $1,000 in extra income. PASS!
- $885 towards debt. FAIL.
- Spending cleanse. PASS!
- Read 3 books. PASS!
- Have fun in Mexico & Dallas. PASS!
- Work my blog strategy. FAIL.
- Lose 5 lbs. FAIL.
So, 4/7 isn’t too shabby. My extra income moving forward for the next few months may take a hit as I shift around my freelance work but hopefully, this won’t be too long and affect my progress towards paying off my debt. And speaking of debt, I honestly didn’t pay as much as I had hoped, just because I was really unorganized this month. My blog and weight goals also took a hit because of being unorganized but I think things will be better moving forward.
- Participate in my accountability health group. I joined an accountability group with a few other bloggers who have similar weight and fitness goals recently. We just launched yesterday and set our goals for the month so I think weekly check-ins will be helping me.
- Figure out my Money Smart Latina schedule, both for clients and myself. Last month, I dealt with major burnout, both in business and life. I felt sick and slept a million hours so I took time to really reflect on everything I have to do and things I don’t need to do. This month, I would really like to focus my efforts on my schedule and making sure it’s working for me, not against me.
- Pay $500 towards debt. Self-explanatory.
- Read 3 books. I am slowly coming to terms that I no longer can read a book a week. Although I don’t really watch TV, I still need time to focus on my business, friends and keeping up my home. Plus, I’ve been reading a lot of Stephen King lately and his books are often anywhere between 4-800 pages. 36 books a year isn’t too shabby.
- Do the work. This is in regards to my business more than anything. I have great ideas and I want to prioritize them.
- BONUS: Do a deep clean and decorate for Christmas.
Do you have anything fun planned for November?